Alumni Instruction & Outreach
Alumni may contact Myriam Martinez-Banuelos, Outreach Librarian / Bibliotecaria de Enlace Comunitario (Myriam.Martinez-Banuelos@unthsc.edu, 817-735-2469), to make an appointment for instruction in the use of our resources. You may also request a re-orientation session to learn about the current resources and facilities offered by the Library.
Alumni may obtain research assistance or instruction remotely by calling the Reference Office (817-735-2070) or by using the Ask a Librarian form.
- Lewis Library provides continuing education classes and outreach services to Health Science Center alumni and other health professionals in the Fort Worth area.
- Under the guidelines of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, we function as the Medical and Health Resource Library for twenty-four Texas counties west of Fort Worth.
- We also have state-wide responsibility to serve as the primary information resource for all of the Doctors of Osteopathy and osteopathic facilities in Texas.
- Services may be offered on campus or at your institution. Contact Myriam Martinez-Banuelos, Outreach Librarian / Bibliotecaria de Enlace Comunitario (Myriam.Martinez-Banuelos@unthsc.edu, 817-735-2469), to discuss these any of these services or to arrange a class.
- Courses describing effective database searching techniques.
- Instruction in the use of research tools for Allied Health Professionals.
- On-demand courses tailored to the research interests of specific professions (e.g., Internal Medicine, Oncology Nursing, Statistic Resources for Public Health Practitioners).
Lectures describing Health Information Tools for the Consumer
Exhibits and booths at local Health Fairs.
- Librarians teach classes in the use of National Library of Medicine databases and resources.
- Nurses may receive CNE credit for attendance. Examples of classes that may be offered: Introduction to PubMed Searching, Consumer Health Resources from the National Library of Medicine
Provide Alumni with information describing NLM Educational Fellowships and Grants.
Assist Alumni in identifying NLM grant and research funding opportunities.