Alumni Research Service
UNTHSC alumni have access to inexpensive research services provided by Lewis Library reference librarians. Please contact the Reference Office (817-735-2070, LIB-222) for more information.
- UNTHSC alumni are charged $15 per search done by a professional librarian.
- This service is not meant to replace any institutional library access an alumnus may already have. Please contact us for more information if you would like to set up a library services account for your institution. The Lewis Library reserves the right to set special service fees for large projects.
- Documents requested as the result of a search are billed separately. See Document Delivery for more information.
- Searches cover a range of literature from research journal articles to textbooks.
- We use a diverse group of databases in the basic and clinical sciences, as well as the social sciences.
- We may also search the Internet, but will generally limit such searches to government, education, and major medical association or medical society sites. General Internet searches performed with a search interface such as Google often retrieve sources that are neither scientific nor evidence-based. Because it can be difficult to verify the quality of Internet-based health information, we do not offer a broad-based web searching service.