About Course Reserves
The Lewis Library offers a full-service reserve operation to handle faculty members' needs for articles, books, images, media, and other materials needed for instruction. The Guide to Course Reserves (pdf) delineates the library's policies and procedures regarding the placement of items on reserve. A completed Reserve Request Form (word doc) should be submitted each time you request processing of materials.
Please be aware that the library adheres strictly to the fair use provisions of U.S. copyright law when placing copies on reserve. Library staff can assist you in acquiring permission to use copyrighted works. If you have questions about the Library's reserve services, please call the Circulation Department at 817-735-2465 or send an e-mail message to email@example.com.
Print and Media Reserves
- Check out from the Service Desk on Level 2.
- Print reserves include textbooks, photocopies, and some quick-reference items such as street maps and software user guides.
- Media reserves consist of selected anatomical models and audiovisual items.
- Loan Periods - Reserve items are assigned one of the following loan periods: two hours, four hours, 24 hours, or 72 hours. No renewals are permitted. You can check the course reserve list for the loan period assigned to an item and, from there, link to the online catalog to check its current availability status.
- Overdue Fine Rate - $1 per hour.
- All current electronic reserves can be located on the Course Reserves Site. On the Library's home page, look for the "Course Reserves" link.
- Each course list will contain a summary of all reserve items for the course, with links to the catalog records of physical items.
- Some electronic reserves will require a password for access. A single password is used for all files within a course that require one, and passwords are distributed through the instructor.
- Whenever possible, links are provided to the library's licensed electronic resources. If you are accessing these from outside the UNTHSC computer network, you will be prompted to enter your network user name and password.