Current Students, Faculty, and Staff Members
- The UNTHSC ID badge is your library card. The badge must be presented in person when checking out materials and must be visibly worn at all times during library visits. Only the owner of the ID badge may use it to borrow materials. Using a Library form, faculty members may authorize a proxy to charge items to their account. Please note: failure to provide identification may prevent you from borrowing materials.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account.
- You must pay charges assessed for overdue, damaged, or lost items within 30 days. If no payment is made within 30 days, your account will be blocked from any further activity until the balance due is paid. Your account will be blocked whenever the balance due to the library exceeds $15.00.
- At the discretion of the Library staff, your account may be temporarily blocked if you fail or refuse to comply with Library policies.
- Any individual in the North Central Texas region may establish a borrowing account. The following groups are eligible for a free account: TexShare cardholders; UNTHSC alumni, retirees, fellows, and spouses of faculty/staff; OPTI program residents; clinical faculty members and preceptors; and members of the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association. Accounts for other individuals require payment of an annual fee, which must be paid before the account is created or renewed.
- A single Lewis Library card will be issued to the account holder. The card must be presented in person with a photo ID when checking out materials. Please note: the Lewis Library card enables borrowing of physical items, but does not provide access to electronic resources outside the campus computer network.
- Available circulating items may be placed on courtesy hold at the Circulation Desk during Library visits. No other hold services are offered.
- The account holder must pay charges assessed for overdue, damaged, or lost items within 30 days. If no payment is made within 30 days, the account will be blocked from any further activity until the balance due is paid.
- At the discretion of the Library staff, the account may be temporarily blocked or permanently revoked if the account holder fails or refuses to comply with Library policies.
- The account holder must notify the Lewis Library Circulation Department promptly of any changes in his/her contact information. The preferred means of notice is an e-mail message addressed to email@example.com.