Research Discovery Room
Overview: The Research Discovery Room (LIB-311) is prioritized for faculty research and interprofessional data exploration.
Reservations: Requests for use of the room should be sent to the Vice Provost for Academic Affairs and Development.
Location and hours accessible:
- Collaborative Learning Commons, LIB-3rd Floor
- A valid UNTHSC badge is required to access the 3rd and 4th floors of
the library after 6:00 P.M. and on weekends. See hours of operation for more information.
Supplemental technologies needed: None
- The Research Discovery Room has been designed for
up to 30 participants to work on collaborative projects.
- The space is equipped with furniture that is especially adaptive,
using reconfigurable tables and chairs to facilitate group interaction.
- One wall of the room features an 82” multi-touch sensing LCD display developed by Perceptive Pixel, Inc.
Technical information and demonstration videos are available at Perceptive Pixel by Microsoft.
- Another wall in the room provides floor-to-ceiling whiteboard space for use in planning and developing projects.
- A third wall contains six liquid crystal wall panels that are opaque but turn clear with a flip of a switch.