What is it?
Lewis Library is a participating institution in TexShare. Through this program, UNTHSC students, faculty, and staff members can visit and borrow items at other participating libraries throughout the state.
How does it work?
- A TexShare card must be issued by the home library. There is no charge for it. The issuing library establishes the expiration date of the card, which cannot exceed one year. UNTHSC patrons may request a TexShare card at the Service Desk; please bring your ID badge.
- Once you have the TexShare card, choose a participating library to visit at https://www.tsl.texas.gov/texshare/libsearch/index.php. While on that site, you can take advantage of the available links to:
- review the lending policies for TexShare borrowers;
- visit the Library’s website, where you will typically find information about hours, directions, and parking;
- search the library’s online catalog to check the location, call number, and current status of items that interest you.
- Visit the library and present your TexShare card at the Service Desk to establish a borrowing account. It is a good idea to do this first, as each library sets its own borrowing policies and limits. The staff can inform you of these and also direct you to the items you are looking for.
For more information about getting a TexShare card from the Lewis Library, contact the Service Desk (817-735-2465; email@example.com).
For more information about this and other TexShare programs, visit their website at https://www.tsl.texas.gov/texshare/index.html.