The Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library of the University of North Texas Health Science Center subscribes to dozens of research databases and thousands of journals annually.
To access the databases and articles available from the UNT Health Science Center, physicians must first:
- Obtain a UNTHSC network account by contacting the OPTI program office at 817-735-5075.
- Begin their research from the Lewis Library homepage, http://library.hsc.unt.edu/ , using their UNTHSC network user name and password to gain access to any proprietary databases.
From the Lewis Library home page , select one of our most popular research tools from the Shortcuts to Resources or choose one of these resources:
- A-Z Database List  – A complete listing of available research databases.
- Journal Finder  – A site to enter a journal title to determine if the library owns the journal.
- PubMed  – Please note that although access is available by going directly to the PubMed site, you must link from this website to gain direct access to subscribed journals.
- Find Articles  - See available options for finding and retrieving journal articles, including citation matchers and tutorials.
- Find Books & More  - See options for locating books, theses, dissertations, and more, in the Lewis Library and in other libraries.
- Exam Master  – the Advanced Medical Board Preparation System database.
The items listed above merely denote our frequently requested resources. Please review the many others on our website, or contact the Library if you would like assistance determining which resources we offer.
Librarians are available to assist physicians by conducting literature searches of our databases and providing research assistance upon request. Contact the Lewis Library Reference Office at 1-800-687-5302 or email@example.com to request assistance.