As a UNTHSC alum, you have inexpensive access to the searching talents of the six professional reference librarians of Lewis Library. With many decades of combined service in both academic and clinical settings, these librarians can conduct in-depth searches of the biomedical and health literature and provide you with comprehensive, yet focused, results. Please contact the Reference Office (817-735-2070, LIB-222) for more information about librarian searches.
- UNTHSC alumni are charged $15 per search done by a professional librarian.
- This service is not meant to replace any institutional library access an alumnus may already have. Please contact us for more information if you would like to set up a library services account for your institution. The Lewis Library reserves the right to set special service fees for large projects.
- Documents requested as the result of a search are billed separately as explained on our Document Delivery page .
- Searches cover a range of literature from research journal articles to textbooks.
- We use a diverse group of databases in the basic and clinical sciences, as well as the social sciences.
- We may also search the Internet, but will generally limit such searches to government, education, and major medical association or medical society sites. General Internet searches performed with a search interface such as Google often retrieve sources that are neither scientific nor evidence-based. Because it can be difficult to verify the quality of Internet-based health information, we do not offer a broad-based web searching service.