- Color printing
Four Pharos release stations are equipped for printing or copying in full color -- two on the main floor of the Library, one in the Student Development Lounge, and one on Level 2 of the MET building.
- One-sided printing
When printing from a computer, Pharos produces two-sided documents by default. If you want one-sided prints, you will have to reset the Print Properties (on the Finishing tab) before sending your print job.
- Large paper
All of the multifunction devices connected to the Pharos system are equipped for printing or copying on 8 ½ x 14 (legal) or 11 x 17 (ledger) paper. The default paper size is 8 ½ x 11 (letter).
Print Drivers and VPN Software
- All Lewis Library computers are equipped with the necessary print drivers to send print jobs to the Pharos system.
- UNTHSC students, faculty, and staff members may install the Pharos printer drivers in order to send print jobs from their personal computers, whether on-campus or off-campus. The drivers can be installed on laptop or desktop computers running Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Mac operating systems.
- If you want to send a print job from a computer that is outside the campus network, then you must also use a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection. Be sure to log into the VPN before sending a print job.
Pharos Driver Installation Instructions
VPN Links and Instructions
Sending a Print Job
- When sending a print job, two printer selections are available: "Pharos BW Printers" and "Pharos Color or BW Printers." Choose the printer driver based on your need for color and the location where you want to release the print job. Jobs sent to "Pharos Color or BW Printers" must be released at one of the color-capable printers; jobs sent to "Pharos BW Printers" must be released at one of the other print stations. See the chart on the previous page for the available locations and equipment.
- IMPORTANT! Before sending a print job to a Pharos printer, check to be sure that your print settings match your desired output. All library computers default to two-sided, black and white printing. Change any print settings in the program you are using before sending. Settings cannot be changed on the printing device once they are sent to the print queue, and refunds are not issued for incorrect settings.
- If sending a print job from outside the campus network, first log into the VPN using your EUID and password. After connecting, send your print job to Pharos.
Releasing a Print Job
- Print jobs sent to Pharos must be released at one of the print stations within 24 hours. After that period, any unprinted jobs are automatically deleted.
- UNTHSC students, faculty and staff members: at the Pharos print stations, you can use your ID badge to log into your personal Pharos account. Hold the badge near the black proximity reader until you see the "please wait" message on the touch screen. For other Pharos accounts and patrons (including departmental accounts), log into Pharos by typing your user name and password on the touch screen.