Alumni Library Liaison
Lorraine Sheldon, MSIS – Outreach Librarian
As the Medical and Health Resource Library for the National Library of Medicine, we provide educational classes and outreach services to Health Science Center Alumni and other health professionals. Services may be offered on campus or at your institution. Contact Lorraine Sheldon to arrange a class.
Consumer Health Education
- Classes can be targeted to your specific audience, describing the consumer health and patient education resources from the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health.
- Consumer health education also extends to exhibits and booths at local health fairs.
National Library of Medicine Resource Classes
- Librarians teach classes in the use of National Library of Medicine databases and resources.
- Nurses may receive CNE credit for attendance. Examples of classes that may be offered: Introduction to PubMed Searching, Consumer Health Resources from the National Library of Medicine.
Promote National Library of Medicine Services
- Provide Alumni with information describing NLM Educational Fellowships and Grants.
- Assist Alumni in identifying NLM grant and research funding opportunities.
- Alumni may request instruction on the resources we offer, courses describing effective database searching techniques or courses tailored to research interests of specific professions.
- Obtain research assistance or instruction remotely by calling the Research Services Office (817-735-2070, LIB-222) or by using the Ask Us form.
- In-person instruction at the library can be arrange by contacting Lorraine Sheldon. See visit Lewis Library for parking and building access information.
Source URL: http://library.hsc.unt.edu/content/instruction-services-alumni