Pharos Printing, Copying, and Scanning
We provide multi-function devices on each level of the Library and in eight other locations on the UNTHSC campus. Each of these units handles computer printing and photocopying jobs, as well as scanning documents and sending them to e-mail. The Pharos print management system controls these functions. A Pharos account must be created before using the equipment.
- For a fee, we will supply print or electronic copies of journal articles and book chapters. See document delivery for more information about this service.
- We can make digital copies of other types of materials. Contact us for more information.
- Individual and departmental accounts are available.
- Accounts are created by library personnel for all UNTHSC students, and for others upon request at the service desk.
- For new departmental accounts, submit a completed Interdepartmental Transfer for Copy / Print Account (pdf) for any amount in one-dollar increments ($1, $2, $3, etc.).
- Payment must be made at the service desk. Cash, checks, MasterCard, VISA, and Discover are accepted.
- Account issues can be resolved by service desk personnel.
- Refunds are issued only for mechanical failures and withdrawn students. See the Policy on PHAROS Copy/Print Account Refunds and Closures (pdf) for more information.
- There is currently no charge for scanning to e-mail.
- To avoid default charges for printing, be sure the document size is set correctly. If a document does not match one of the standard sizes (A4, Letter (8 ½ x 11), Legal (8 ½ x 14), or Ledger (11 x 17)), it will be charged at 25 cents per side (color or black and white).
- Copies and prints are charged as follows:
|Pharos Account - Black & White|
|8.5 x 11||5 cents per side|
|8.5 X 14||5 cents per side|
|11 X 17||10 cents per side|
|Pharos Account - Color|
|8.5 x 11||25 cents per side|
|8.5 X 14||25 cents per side|
|11 X 17||50 cents per side|
These charges have been reviewed and approved by Lewis Library Administration.
For information on upgrading and installing Pharos drivers, see Pharos driver upgrade / installation.
Note: You need to be on-campus or use VPN to access this link.
We provide Canon multi-function devices for Pharos printing/copying/scanning on each level of the Library and at eight other locations.
Library Level 2 - across from restrooms
|Library Level 3 - west side of the floor between the restrooms||X||X||X|
|Library Level 4 - near the main stairs||X||X||X|
|CBH Level 2 - south end of the east corridor||X||X||X|
|EAD-116 (Student Development Office)||X||X||X||X|
|EAD Level 7 - south end||X||X||X|
|MET Level 1 - east entrance||X||X||X|
|MET Level 2 - east side near Room 220||X||X||X||X|
|MET Level 4 - northwest corner||X||X||X|
|MET Level 5 - west end near freight elevator||X||X||X|
- Installation of Pharos Printers on a Mac (video)
- Printing Using Pharos (pdf)
- Pharos Fact Sheet (pdf)
Pharos Account Questions
Library Service Desk
Pharos Usage Questions
Library Service Desk
Assistance with Pharos Driver Installation
Computer Helpdesk, LIB-205
817-735-2192 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.)