Research Assistance for OPTI Residents & Interns
Reference librarians are available to assist residents in their clinical research on weekdays between 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Request assistance using the Ask a Librarian form or by calling 800-687-5302.
Below are listed the basic steps for utilizing our website to begin your research. Each research query is unique and may not fit within these general guidelines, so feel free to contact our librarians with any questions.
- Search databases for existing research on your topic
- Go to the Lewis Library home page to access databases: http://library.hsc.unt.edu
- From the Shortcuts list, select a database or link to All Databases A-Z to select a database. Search the database for journal literature and find relevant articles.
- Determine if the library owns the journal articles in electronic format
- From the Lewis Library home page, choose the Journal Finder tab at the top and enter words from the journal title (not the article title) into the search box, then click "GO." (example: Biochemical Pharmacology) Review the results page, which will show both online and print holdings. If online access if available, select the link to "Article"; if no Article link is available, select a link to "Journal" to go to its home page and navigate to the archive pages from there.
- For items not found in electronic format during step 2 (or only available in print), proceed as follows:
- Determine if your on-site facility has a library that may have the journal. From the main Medical Residents page, link to the page for your OPTI site for resource and contact information.
- If the journal is not available at your site, contact the UNT Health Science Center Lewis Library to request that the item be delivered to you. Please use one of the forms provided on the Forms page to submit your request. Contact the Document Delivery office with any questions (email@example.com, 817-735-2464). Please note: fees are incurred by the OPTI office for remote delivery of materials.