Research Services for TOMA Members
TOMA Member Library Liaison
Lorraine Sheldon, MSIS - Outreach Librarian
Members of the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association (TOMA) have special library privileges arranged through the organization's Austin office. See a list of available services below or visit research services for additional information.
Citation Verification and Analysis
- Locate missing information or verify the accuracy of bibliographic citations.
Lewis Library Materials
- Access any of our electronic or print resources during a visit to Lewis Library for free. Request a two-hour session on one of the designated Health Information Station computers or bring your own laptop.
- Get a free library card that allows checkout of materials. We cannot page available items or ship checked-out items.
- Literature search results or sources found on PubMed can be requested through document delivery.
- Articles or chapters can be mailed or emailed to you.
- Alumni are eligible for reduced fees starting at $5.00 per item.
Loansome Doc/Interlibrary Loan
- Those who prefer to do their own searching in PubMed can order copies of articles from Lewis Library using PubMed's ordering system, Loansome Doc.
- Before sending an order, an account must be created. See the Loansome Doc FAQ for instructions.
- Email ILLemail@unthsc.edu or call 817-735-2491 for assistance.
Internet Resource Guides
- Internet resources for alumni and TOMA members is a list of free resources to identify websites that can help meet your information needs.
These services are not meant to replace any institutional library access TOMA Members may already have and the library reserves the right to set special service fees for large projects. Fees for services lists base prices and rush service fees.
The Gibson D. Lewis Library also holds the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association (TOMA) archives from the year 1900 to 2003. The collection is open for research and can be used by appointment. See the TOMA catalog record for details.