Instruction at Lewis Library
Alumni may contact Myriam Martinez-Banuelos, Outreach Librarian / Bibliotecaria de Enlace Comunitario (Myriam.Martinez-Banuelos@unthsc.edu , 817-735-2469), to make an appointment for instruction in the use of our resources. You may also request a re-orientation session to learn about the current resources we offer.
Obtain research assistance or instruction remotely by calling the Library Research Services Office (817-735-2070) or by using the ask a librarian form.
Continuing Education & Outreach
- We provide continuing education classes and outreach services to Health Science Center alumni and other health professionals in the Fort Worth area.
- Under the guidelines of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, we function as the Medical and Health Resource Library for twenty-four Texas counties west of Fort Worth.
- We have state-wide responsibility to serve as the primary information resource for all of the Doctors of Osteopathy and osteopathic facilities in Texas.
- Services may be offered on campus or at your institution. Contact Myriam Martinez-Banuelos to arrange a class.
Professional Education Classes
- Courses describing effective database searching techniques.
- Instruction in the use of research tools for Allied Health Professionals.
- On-demand courses tailored to the research interests of specific professions (e.g., Internal Medicine, Oncology Nursing, Statistic Resources for Public Health Practitioners).
Consumer Health Education
National Library of Medicine Resource Classes
- Librarians teach classes in the use of National Library of Medicine databases and resources.
- Nurses may receive CNE credit for attendance. Examples of classes that may be offered: Introduction to PubMed Searching, Consumer Health Resources from the National Library of Medicine.
Promote National Library of Medicine Services