Current UNTHSC Students, Faculty, and Staff
Your UNTHSC ID badge also serves as your library card. The badge must be presented in person when checking out materials and must be visibly worn at all times during library visits. Only the ID badge owner may use it to borrow materials. Using the Proxy Account Authorization (pdf) form, faculty members may authorize a proxy to charge items to their account.
Please note: Failure to provide identification may prevent you from borrowing materials.
- Any individual in the North Central Texas region may establish a borrowing account. The following groups are eligible for a free account: TexShare cardholders; UNTHSC alumni, retirees, fellows, and spouses of faculty/staff; OPTI program residents; clinical faculty members and preceptors; and members of the Texas Osteopathic Medical Association. Accounts for other individuals require payment of an annual fee, which must be paid before the account is created or renewed.
- A single Lewis Library card will be issued to the account holder. The card must be presented in person with a photo ID when checking out materials. The card enables borrowing of physical items, but does not provide access to electronic resources outside the campus computer network.
- The account holder must notify us promptly of any changes in his/her contact information. The preferred means of notice is an e-mail message to email@example.com .
- Available circulating items may be placed on courtesy hold at the service desk during visits. No other hold services are offered.
- You are responsible for all materials checked out to your account.
- The account holder must pay charges assessed for overdue, damaged, or lost items within 30 days. If no payment is made within 30 days, the account will be blocked from any further activity until the balance due is paid.
- At the discretion of staff, the account may be temporarily blocked or permanently revoked if the account holder fails or refuses to comply with library policies.
Source URL: https://library.hsc.unt.edu/content/library-terms-use